Before applying for teacher training, it’s really important to look into the eligibility and requirements for providers. Our central team here at GORSE SCITT have put together some regularly asked questions and answers to help you in completing an application.

Q- How do I apply for teacher training?

Teacher training applications are made via UCAS, the link to make an account and apply is found here – can apply to three different providers on here.

Q- How do I know if I am eligible?

Candidates must have a bachelors degree at a minimum of a 2:2 or above, along with GCSE Maths and English Language at grade C/4 or above, if you are interested in teaching primary you will also be required to have GCSE science at grade C/4 or above. Candidates who have studied overseas will require a NARIC Statement of Comparability, details of eligibility are found here

Q- Where do I find information regarding the subjects you offer?

Information about subjects we have availability in are found here along with the course code which you will need for your UCAS application. Our provider code is 1N1.

Q- Where do I find information regarding the schools I could be placed in?

Information about the schools who we work with and where you could be placed are found here On UCAS you will be asked to input a campus code, this is a letter or number which refers to one of our partner schools where you would like to be placed on one of your placements with us.

Q- How do I fund the programme?

Do you want to be part of our next cohort but you’re unsure whether you are eligible?

Speak to our team about how to apply!

We are still hosting our open evenings!

Book onto one of our virtual open evenings to speak with the Principal of Teaching Schools and Director of GORSE SCITT

find out more here